If you've taken the steps to connect your Instagram Professional Account to your SND Dashboard and you're still having trouble, please check through the following:
1. Is your Instagram account a Professional account? Check what that means here: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/502981923235522
2. Have you connected your Instagram account to your Facebook Page?
- As an admin user on your Facebook page, go to your “Settings” link at the top.
Click the “Instagram” menu item on the left.
- If your Instagram account is not connected, you’ll see a “Log in” button. (If your account is already connected you should see business information listed and you can skip the rest of the steps.)
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- You should now see your business details connected to your page.
3. Are you using the correct password for Instagram?
Log in to your Instagram account manually (not using the stored password) with the password you’re using to connect your Instagram account to Facebook.
4. Are the Instagram account and the Facebook Page it's connected to in the same Business Manager?
If you have access, you can find the Business Manager here: https://business.facebook.com/settings/pages/
Select the appropriate Business Manager and click on "Business Settings" in the menu at the left
Under "Accounts" on the left side, click on "Pages" to confirm the appropriate Facebook Page is connected. If it isn't, you can add it by clicking on the blue + Add button then click "Add a Page" from the popup menu. You'll be prompted to type the name of the Page or paste its URL (you must be an admin of the Page in order to add it).
Then click on "Instagram Accounts" to confirm the Instagram account is also connected. If it isn't, you can add it by clicking on the blue + Add button where you'll be prompted to log in to the Instagram account you want to add.
5. Reset the connection between Facebook and Instagram.
If you’re still having issues connecting your Instagram account to your Facebook page, switch your Instagram account back to a personal account, then back to a Professional account, ensuring you select their Facebook Page as the connected page in the process.
- Go to your Facebook Page Settings and navigate to "Instagram" in the left navigation bar.
- If you see your Instagram Business settings there, scroll down and click "Disconnect".
- In the Instagram app on your mobile device, access the settings > "Account" > select the option "Switch Back to Personal Account"
- Once that process is finished, in your Instagram settings, select "Switch to Professional Profile".
- During the business account set-up be sure to select the correct Facebook PAGE to link.
- Back in your Facebook Page settings > Instagram: Sign into your Instagram business account.
- Try reattaching the accounts in the SND Dashboard again.
6. Reset the permissions between Meta and Social News Desk.
If you're still having trouble reattaching or publishing to your Instagram account in Social News Desk, please refresh your Business Integrations permissions:
- Make sure you're logged into your personal Facebook Profile as an Admin (no need to switch into a certain Page if on New Page Experience)
- Navigate to this link: https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools
- Select Social News Desk and click "remove."
- If you have the option, **Do NOT** check the box “Also delete all posts, photos and videos on Facebook that SocialNewsDesk may have published on your behalf.”
- Click "Remove."
- Go back to your SND Dashboard and reattach all of the Facebook and Instagram accounts in your Dashboard
- Go to Manage Properties > Social Media Accounts
- Click the green Add Account button > Facebook + Instagram
- You'll be prompted to allow SND access. Be sure to click "OK" on all prompts, making no changes.
- SND will then display your available Facebook and Instagram accounts.
- Make sure EVERY account you want attached to the Dashboard (both Facebook and Instagram) are checked (they may already be, that's fine). Do not uncheck any boxes. Click "Apply".
- Perform a hard refresh in Social News Desk by holding down shift + clicking the refresh button.
If you're still having trouble, please get in touch with our Client Success Team at email@example.com.