You can add Google Analytics tracking to every link posted through the SND Dashboard. Group Admins are able to turn this feature on/off for their properties within the group in the "Manage Properties" section. Otherwise, you'll need to contact your SND Client Success Manager and request the Google Analytics tracking be enabled (or disabled).
Once this is live, all links posted through the SND Dashboard will have a UTM string added to the end of the URL.
It will look something like this: ?utm_medium=social&utm_source=[SocialNetwork]_[SocialAccountName]
The "SocialNetwork" will be either Facebook or Twitter, and then the name of the account that posted the link will be replaced in the "SocialAccountName" area. This will allow you to see, in Google Analytics, the specific pages that are sending traffic to your website.
If you wish to customize these UTM strings, manager and group admin users can do that, per social account, under Manage Properties. Here are the steps:
- Navigate to Manage Properties
- Select your property on the left.
- Select the "Social Media Accounts" tab.
- Select the social account for which you wish to set up the custom UTM code.
- To the right, select "Account Options".
- In the field "Custom Link Tracking" type/paste in the string you wish added to your links.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.