You can add Adobe Analytics tracking to every link posted through the SND Dashboard. Group Admins are able to turn this feature on/off for their properties in the "Manage Properties" section. Otherwise, you'll need to contact your SND Client Success Manager and request the Adobe Analytics tracking be enabled (or disabled).
Once this is live, all links posted through the SND Dashboard will have a "cid string" added to the end of the URL.
It will look something like this: ?cid=[SocialNetwork]_[SocialAccountName]
The "SocialNetwork" will be either Facebook or Twitter, and then the name of the account that posted the link will be replaced in the "SocialAccountName" area. This will allow you to see, in Adobe Analytics, the specific pages that are sending traffic to your website.
If you wish to customize these strings, manager and group admin users can do that, per social account, under Manage Properties. Here are the steps:
- Navigate to Manage Properties
- Select your property on the left.
- Select the "Social Media Accounts" tab.
- Select the social account for which you wish to set up the custom code.
- To the right, select "Account Options".
- In the field "Custom Link Tracking" type/paste in the string you wish added to your links.