The Scheduled Posts Feed allows you to view (drum-roll please!) scheduled posts for the accounts in your Dashboard. From this column you can preview, post now, edit, reschedule or delete a post before it's sent - but your changes will only impact the accounts you have Publisher permissions for.
To set up your Scheduled Post Feed, click the pink Add to Dashboard button and choose Scheduled Posts. Click the blue filter icon on the right...
... and then select the Post Type you’d like to view in the feed. Choose from failed scheduled posts, scheduled posts, notes or previously sent posts. You can also select all.
Next, select social accounts. You can choose one or multiple accounts, and you can even pick accounts from different social platforms.
You also have the option to search posts by any tags you might be using.
Once your feed is set up, you can further configure it by choosing to hide days where no content is scheduled. There’s no right or wrong way to configure the Scheduled Post Feed!
Continue reading to learn more about posts scheduled to more than one social account, or social accounts you don't have access to.
- If a post has been scheduled to multiple social accounts, you will see every account it's scheduled to (next to the time), as long as you also have Publisher permissions for those accounts.
- In the image below, notice the Scheduled Posts column is set only to a Facebook Page. The post for 3:00pm is scheduled to not only the Facebook Page, but also to an Instagram account and a separate Twitter account. Because this user has Publisher permissions to all of those social accounts, they can see them listed on the post in the Scheduled Posts Feed.
- If the post is scheduled to social account(s) that you do NOT have Publisher permissions for, you will not see it here.
- Any edits made to this post will only impact the social accounts you have Publisher permissions for.
Group-Level Publishing Impact
- Any edits made by a user with Publisher permissions to one or some social accounts will only impact those social accounts.
- If a change is made, a user with Publisher permissions to multiple social accounts may see different versions of the post in their Scheduled Posts column. (Please see the pictures below)